Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It is well with my soul.

Ryan and I visited some sweet friends and their little girl this weekend, and while visiting their church on Sunday, I was incredibly touched by a video that was played that told the story of the man who wrote the old hymn, "It is well with my soul". 

So I wanted to share it with you...

If you are in the midst of a trial, a burden, something painful and hard to understand, a situation beyond what you can handle, or even if your life is going just as you planned, I think you'll be moved by this story.  I hope that it encourages you to press deeper into the shelter of God's love and grace.

I couldn't locate the actual video I saw, but this one will do the trick.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, and for your beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you heard, christina perri's song - a thousand years? i heard it the other day, thought it was beautiful, it made me think of you and your baby. maybe you wont think so but the violin solo is at least worth listening to. hugs and kisses dear friend. sb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the story behind the song. We sang that song at my grandfather's funeral, and again many years later at my mom's funeral. It's so calming when you let the words really sink in! You are amazing and so uplifing, thank you for sharing your heart so openly!

    ReplyDelete