Sunday, November 6, 2011

Smoothie dilema...solved

My sweet husband and I used to make smoothies every morning....until I couldn't stomach looking at them anymore due to the minor life change of having a little babe growing inside.  Now, I can stomach them again, they are just kind of a hassel to make in the morning because of the sheer amount of things we cram into them.  But today, I had this genius idea as I was craving a popcicle.  Why have I never thought of making a batch of smoothie and freezing it into pops???

So, I went to a couple stores to find popcicle molds.  Apparently, popcicle molds are a summer thing and they were sold out.  Since I recently signed up for the FREE month of Amazon Prime, I decided to order one.  After reading reviews, I decided on the Tovolo popcicle molds.  They will arrive on Wednesday!

Tovolo 80-8003Y Yellow Groovy Ice Pop Molds, Set of 6

In case your interested, this is what we put into our smoothies:

- Frozen fruit
- Banana
- Spinach or kale
- Raw Almonds
- Coconut oil or coconut milk
- Plain yogurt
- Chia
- Flax
- Kelp powder
- Stevia

My mom would say it is the perfect way to start your day.  They are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, protien, enzymes, probiotics, and lots of other good things for your bod.

1 comment: