Saturday, March 31, 2012

Proud mama

Yesterday, I had a regular check-up with my midwife.  It was the usual routine: get weighed, check blood pressure, ask if I have questions, ask me a million questions, give me more resources on handling grief, then FINALLY check the heart beat and measure my stomach (uterus). 

Well...four weeks ago (when I was about 32 weeks), I was measuring 24 weeks.  Two weeks ago, I measured 24 weeks.  Yesterday, I measured 28 weeks!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I'm so proud of you, little a, for keeping on fighting.  You're growing!  Heartbeat was in the perfect range, too.

I might have skipped out to my car...I don't really remember.

Monday, I will be full term.  I'm so looking forward to meeting this little baby and kissing its little nose.

1 comment:

  1. And I'm YOUR proud mama! Liz, I can't imagine anyone going through what you and Ryan are and handling it with greater faith or more grace. I'm so proud of you - the little girl that was always such a joy to us has become a beautiful young woman and mother who continues to bring unbelievable joy and inspiration! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete