Monday, May 21, 2012

Come and listen

Heard this song on the way to work this morning when my music was turned way down.  As soon as I heard it come on, I turned up the radio....listen to these beautiful lyrics


My favorite line?  "Let me tell you what He has done for me...He has done for you...He has done for us."

Let me tell you what he has done for YOU, and he would have done only for you if you were the only person on earth.  Jesus came, lived a PERFECT life.  Why?  Becuase if he didn't, we would be separated from God forever.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  Romans 3:23

You.  Me.  Us.  For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  The bible teaches that there is no way to earn our way to heaven.  We're born sinners.  We're under a curse.  We are eternally separated from God.  That means everything good and pure, everything that brings joy and gives us hope, everything that puts a smile on our face and warms our heart.  It is all from God and we are separated from that.  We can't earn our way back.  There is no amount of good deeds, no amount of giving, no amount of times you can go to church that can get you back into a relationship with God. Nothing.

"For the wages of sin is death..." Romans 6:23

BUT....listen.  Jesus came and lived this perfect life.  The son of God came and he died.  Why?  He came so that we might have life in him.  How?  He paid the penalty of sin for us so that we can be right with God again.

"...but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus."  Romans 6:23

I don't understand it all.  I don't understand God's love or all the things in the bible.  I still have questions and want to know "why this", or "why that", but I can tell you that my life has been changed by this simple truth. 

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." Romans 10:9

I want this for each of you.  If you haven't yet, and you feel your heart stirring, surrender to God.  You don't need to wait until you have it all figured out.  Then start reading your bible.  Read Proverbs or start with one of the first four books of the New Testament.  God has a lot of really awesome things to say and teach you.  He loves you so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment