Friday, May 4, 2012

Rock stars

I have a lot of rock star friends.  One of them happens to be my neighbor at work (school).  Jessica is one of a kind.  She is a gem.  (Side note:her and her husband took the photo in the header - told you they were rock stars).  From my first day on the job, she has been an outstanding friend to me.

She brought me a homemade cappuccino nearly every day this year, written me countless little encouraging notes and verses, and been the coordinator of all sorts of surprises since Matthew's birth.  She has knit me, not one, but TWO, little scarves, and  she gave me a little "sunshine" gift on my first day back this week of Lemon Heads, Raisenettes (woo!), and mandarine orange sparkling water from Trader Joe's (my fav).  She has prayed for Ryan and I faithfully, and just loved us to pieces.  Thanks, Jess (and Justin).  I have the tune, "Won't you be my neighbor?" in my head right now...haha.  Oh, Mr. Rogers...

Well, this morning, she put a little flat stone on my desk and it had this awesome verse on it:

"I call as my heart grows faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:2

I carried it in my back pocket today and everytime I sat down, I was startled by the little lump in my pocket, then remembered the verse and thought about how thankful that my feet are planted on a solid rock (God's promises) and that although there have been moments in the last several months that my heart has been "faint", it really isn't right now.  There are moments of certain days that it feels that way, but for the most part, my heart feels pretty encouraged.  Thanks for all of you who have prayed for that.  Your prayers are not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment