Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hallelujah!!!!!!!

We got the final chromosomal test results today and...


normal. normal. normal. normal. normal!!!


This does not mean that there is no risk that we could have another baby with abnormalities like little Matthew, but it does mean that it is very unlikely - that it was just a "fluke" (in medical terms).

I don't believe in flukes, but believe that God allowed everything in Matthew's short life for a reason, and know his life was not an accident or a mistake.  I know it could happen again if God allowed, but I have a peace about the future. 

We are rejoicing today!  Thank you for your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Believing God for His best for you two - - - am so loving your blog.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah!!! "My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul." "I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies" Psalm 108:1,3-4
    Rejoicing with you and believing with great joy and hope for great blessings from the Lord in the near future! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. our mutual friend, Erica Steinke, sent me to your blog to pray for you and your husband and I have done so for a while and never commented, but just had to say that I am rejoicing with you, even though we have never met and do no know one another. What a peace in your heart you must feel. I, too, do not believe in flukes. We have identical twin daughters and our doctors always referred to them as flukes of nature and I continually reminded them that God doesn't make "flukes" or mistakes. He makes "plans and purposes" for each one of our lives! Thank you for sharing a little piece of your heart and life with people you don't know and allowing God to bless our lives through you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I found your blog on FB. Anyways, your posts have been so honest, real and encouraging. Thanks for sharing truth with us and giving God glory through your writing. I have thought about you and your family a lot. I can't imagine what you have been through in the last couple months and I am amazed how you have chosen to trust God with everything. Thanks for being real and looking forward to hearing more about your journey and where God brings you and your family.
    Kim Toldt (Moselle)

    ReplyDelete