Thursday, April 26, 2012

I love this quote...and a prayer request

In the months leading up to Matthew's birthday, I literally read this book almost every day.  The book is broken down into chapters on different struggles in life with collections of verses to pray through.  I read through the "Overcoming Despair" chapter countless times.  There is a quote in the chapter and it says this:

"Thou, O Lord, canst transform my thorn into a flower.  And I want my thorn transformed into a flower.  Job got the sunshine after the rain, but has the rain been all a waste?  Job wants to know, I want to know, if the shower had nothing to do with the shining.  And Thou canst tell me - Thy cross can tell me.  Thou hast crowned Thy sorrow.  Be this my crown, O Lord. I only triumph in Thee when I have learned the radiance of the rain." (George Matheson, Streams in the Desert)


Sweet, right?  And this prayer...

Lord, in my heart I plan my course, but You determine my steps. (Prov. 16:9) Life is not going as I planned.  I am so grateful that You are not caught off guard.  You knew everything that would befall me.  Please direct my steps as you determine.  I need You, Lord.  Carry me when I cannot walk.   


And lastly, Ryan and my greatest prayer request for those of you who would like to partner in prayer with us:

We are having some testing done to see if Matthew had any chromosomal abnormalities.  We already know he did not have Trisomy 13, 18, or 21 (the most common abnormalities), so further tests are being done.  Please pray that whatever is found in Matthew's blood is not found in ours. 

More likely than not, everything Matthew had was just a one-time thing that God allowed, but it may not be.  I fear finding out that there's a chance this could happen again so I have to just keep casting, casting, casting on the Lord and trusting that he is for us - not against us. 


1 comment:

  1. I am praying for this! I love your quotes, and I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete